2. Indiana Barrister contains material that is protected by international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. Unless otherwise specified, Indiana Barrister is intended for your personal, noncommercial use only. You may download material from Indiana Barrister and may use Indiana Barrister for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Blockquotes, quotations, and other original Indiana Barrister material used on other websites shall likewise be governed by applicable copyright law and shall include a link to the original material on Indiana Barrister’s website, provided such a link exists.
License to IndianaBarrister.com
4. By posting messages, uploading files, or otherwise providing any material for display on Indiana Barrister, you are representing that you are the owner of the material, or are making your submission with the express consent of the owner of the material. In addition, when you post a message, upload a file, or otherwise provide us with material for display on Indiana Barrister, you are granting Indiana Barrister a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to:
A. Use, copy, sublicense, adapt, transmit, publicly perform or display any such communication.
B. Sublicense to third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any of the foregoing rights granted with respect to the communication.
The foregoing grants shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such communication, including but not limited to rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction.
5. This weblog contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. The material is being made available for purposes of education and discussion in order to better understand complex and controversial developments in today’s legal environment and international arena. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond “fair use,” you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
6. Indiana Barrister includes links and pointers to Internet sites, content and services provided by third parties. Indiana Barrister’s linking to any third party sites does not imply an endorsement or sponsorship of such sites, or the information, products or services offered on or through the sites. In addition, Indiana Barrister does not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services that third parties may provide on or through Indiana Barrister or on websites linked to by IndianaBarrister.com. The materials, information, products and services offered on or through Indiana Barrister and any third-party sites are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Indiana Barrister disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Indiana Barrister does not warrant that Indiana Barrister or any of its functions will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that any part of Indiana Barrister, including comment boards, or the servers that make it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components.
7. Indiana Barrister does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of Indiana Barrister or materials on Indiana Barrister or in third-party sites in terms of their correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or otherwise. You (and not Indiana Barrister) assume the entire cost of all necessary maintenance, repair or correction.
8. Indiana Barrister is provided for informational purposes only, and is not intended for trading or investing purposes, or for commercial use. Indiana Barrister should not be used in any high risk activities where damage or injury to persons, property, environment, finances or business may result if an error occurs. You expressly assume all risk for such use.
9. Comments on the site must be related the posts offered or to the issues presented in the subsequent conversation(s), not at individuals. Ad homimem attacks (as determined by the operator), comments providing a fake e-mail address, comments pointing to unauthorized commercial sites or products (spam), or any comment deemed unwanted by any author may result in any of the following actions:
A. Removal of the offending comment(s).
B. Blocked attempts to comment in the future.
C. Abuse reports sent to your Internet Service Provider.
D. Legal recourse permitted under both civil law and criminal statutes.
10. In addition, Indiana Barrister may allow you to purchase many different types of products and services online that are provided by third parties. Indiana Barrister is not responsible for the quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or any other aspect of these products and services. If you make a purchase from a merchant on Indiana Barrister or on a site linked to by Indiana Barrister, the information obtained during your visit to that merchant’s online store or site, and the information that you give as part of the transaction, such as your credit card number and contact information, is collected by the merchant. A merchant may have separate privacy and data collection practices. Indiana Barrister has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies. For more information regarding a merchant, its online store, and its privacy policies, return to that merchant’s home page and click on its information links or contact the merchant website directly. You release Indiana Barrister and its affiliates from any damages that you incur, and agree not to assert any claims against them, arising from your purchase or use of any products or services made available by third parties through IndianaBarrister.com.
11. These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Indiana. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these terms shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Marion County, Indiana, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. If any provision of these terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.