It’s amazing what you come across when you’re playing on the Internet and scanning through local campaign finance reports. For the record, I do have a life, I was just killing time before meeting up with friends for cocktails.
You come across the usual things; Greg Ballard raised more than $1.3 million in 2009, with about half the donations being between $250 and $750. John Layton, Democratic candidate for Sheriff had $108,000 in cash on hand, etc. etc. But there were also some other interesting tidbits. For example…
- Up until December 2008 it looked like County Auditor Billie Breaux was raising money for a run for Treasurer.
- Former City-County Councilman Ike Randolph still has City-County Council political action committee.
- Up until he got out of the race for Sheriff Kerry Forestal raised $88,000.
- Frank Anderson’s “exploratory committee” for something raised about $13,000.
- The fund raising arm of the Marion County Republican Party pulled in about $33,000 last year. The Marion County Democrats fund raising arm didn’t do anything in 2009.
- And believe it or not, former Indy Mayoral candidate Jocelyn Adande still has a Mayor political action committee. It’s empty, but still there. Insert your own joke here.